Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hurricane Omar



So the blog that I chose to write about is a meteorologists blog from the Weather Channel.

When I first looked at his blog I thought that it was so long and that there was just going to be a bunch of mumble jumble about Hurricane Omar and its wind patterns. But then I started to try and think about the people who were being effected by Hurricane Omar and how this man's blog could be the only link some of them have to there home's and their town's right now.
When I write my blog I don't think about why weather would be important to any one, I guess mainly because sunny California days aren't that big of a threat or a life changing storm pattern, but I don't know? The whole time I've been writing this I just felt that this was stupid and why would people care about the weather, but I understand a little better now that in times of dangerous, life threatening weather, the people that are being effected by the weather can't keep their minds off of it. I'm imagining this man's blog to be almost like a life line for some people. Also kind of like a measure of loss and hope with in a community.

I'm not planning to make my blog like this meteorologists at all, but for the first time in the two weeks since we've started this assignment I've realized the importance of some blogs. I still think most other blogs, including mine, are just stupid and pointless and a waist of time, but when it's about things that could have a dramatic effect on your life it's a good little out reach for curious people who want to be informed.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: